Insurance requirements for the 2019/20 season.
There are two types of insurance policies required for the season.
- PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE - this provides protection for someone who is injured in an accident whilst participating in a club activity. This policy could provide either a lump sum benefit or weekly amount (dependent on the cover selected).
- LEGAL LIABILITY INSURANCE - this provides protection against any claims made by third parties against you e.g. claims for slips and trips or damage to third party property as a result of your negligence.
THE MINIMUM INSURANCE REQUIREMENT IN THIS COUNTY IS:
- LEGAL LIABILITY CLUBS/TEAMS: 'COUNTYCOVER' policy
- PERSONAL ACCIDENT ADULT TEAMS: 'BASIC' policy
- PERSONAL ACCIDENT YOUTH TEAMS: 'BASIC' policy
GROUP POLICY ARRANGEMENT
For 2019/20 season your membership to Manchester FA, automatically includes the Basic Personal Accident insurance cover for Adult 11 a side teams and Personal Accident insurance for Youth teams, where applicable.Option to upgrade your cover.
- Adult teams - the Basic cover provided to affiliated adult teams does not include any Broken Bones benefit, or weekly/monthly benefit, meaning that if a player is injured and unable to work for a period of time, they will not receive any financial support to assist with any lost earnings they might incur. You can however, purchase additional insurance, to include a range of increased and additional benefits, including Broken Bones, as well as a weekly/monthly benefit, at reduced premiums. You can also purchase the Superior Extra top up covers.
- Youth teams - you can also purchase additional insurance for your youth teams, again, at reduced premiums, by selecting Superior Gold or Superior Platinum, which provides a number of increased and additional benefits, including Permanent Total Disablement and Broken Bones. You can also purchase the Superior Extra top up covers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The NGIS policy provides cover in the event of an injury to players, committee members, manager, trainers and officials. We recommend that you look at the range of benefits on offer to ensure you purchase cover to meet your needs. We provide cover for both adult teams (including walking football) and youth teams.
'As stipulated by The FA, personal accident insurance is compulsory for Adult 11-a-side teams and all formats of youth football.
I am an existing NGIS policyholder:
If you are currently insured on the NGIS for the 2019/20 season (policy expiry date 30 June 2020) you will receive direct renewal notification from Bluefin Sport either by email (if you provided us with an email address) or alternatively by post. Our renewal notification will explain how you can renew or amend your covers for the 2020/21 season.
I am a new team/club or my team/club insurance policy is currently with another insurance provider:
You have two options available if you wish to purchase the NGIS policies:
1) Apply online (no administration fee). Instant receipt of documentation & installment option available.
If you choose to apply online you can:
- Obtain instant quotations and purchase cover for the new season (Effective date 1 July each year)
- Pay by debit or credit card or;
- Take advantage of our monthly installment facility enabling you to spread the costs over 5 monthly installments. (Full details of the monthly installment amounts and interest charges are provided when you select the Direct Debit payment option).
- Download your policy documentation instantly and automatically receive by email.
- Your County FA will receive automatic notification that cover has been arranged (to assist with your affiliation process)
If you choose to apply by post online and offline. You can either:
- Apply online and select “pay by cheque” on the payment screen. This method will enable to you print out a pre completed application and will also result in a faster processing of your policy documentation when your postal application and payment is received by Bluefin Sport.
- Apply offline by downloading a brochure (You will find the application at the back) and return the application form with a cheque.
The legal liability package provided by the NGIS in this County is called ‘Countycover’. This is an exclusive product that includes five elements of cover in one unique policy:
- Public liability - £10,000,000
- Employers liability - £10,000,000
- Officers and committee liability - £10,000,000
- Professional indemnity - £10,000,000
- Cyber liability - £500,000
Because this is a block arrangement made by your County FA it is important that you understand the cover provided to ensure it is adequate for your needs. We strongly recommend you take time to read the summary. (A copy of this document will also have been provided within your affiliation packs from the association.)
- In respect of adult football the cover will only operate for any club, league or team that plays at Step 5 and below (men’s) or Tier 3 and below (women’s). Please contact Bluefin Sport if your club or any team plays in Step 4 and above (men’s) or Tier 2 and above (women’s).
- Cover automatically includes both a club and leagues commercial activities but in respect of the operation of a licensed premises cover will only be provided if the turnover/revenue for this aspect is less than £30,000. For any licensed premises activities that exceed this threshold separate cover is required, so please contact Bluefin Sport to discuss further
- The cover will only operate for or a match official at Step 2 and below (men’s) or Tier 3 and below (women’s).
All covers are subject to terms and conditions. We have highlighted some important ones here (but for full details of all terms and conditions please view the policy summary and policy wording).
- Abuse cover only available to clubs who ensure all persons who operate in some capacity for the club (e.g. managers, coaches and members etc) and have involvement with children have been DBS (previously known as CRB) checked and approved as per Football Association recommendations.
- Car parks for which you are responsible for. It is a condition that you have a clearly displayed disclaimer of liability for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle. This disclaimer is to be situated in a prominent position in your car park.
- Designated changing facilities owned or operated by you. It is a condition that you have a disclaimer of liability for any loss or damage to visitors’ effects within the designated changing facility. The notice must be prominently displayed in or adjacent to the designated changing facility. An attendant must be on duty therein throughout the whole of the time the designated changing facility is in use or it must be adequately locked if unattended.
- Take reasonable steps to use, maintain and upgrade any program which protects against computer viruses or any unauthorised use of or access to the Insured’s computer system, network, electronic link or website;
- Make back-up copies of any data, file or program at reasonably frequent intervals;
- Cancel any username, password or other security protection after the Insured became aware or had reasonable grounds to suspect that it had been made available to any unauthorised person;
- Make reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data held by the Insured is encrypted.
Please view the policy summary and policy wording for details.
Legal liability insurance is arranged by this County FA as a group policy which allows you to purchase the cover at a cost effective premium, whilst also benefiting from a wide cover designed for grassroots football.
- This cover is purchased when you affiliate to this County FA and the premium is collected together with your affiliation fees. (this includes affiliation via The FAs Whole Game System where applicable).
- Once the premium has been received, and your affiliation has been accepted, you will be sent an ‘Evidence of Cover’ from your County FA.