reporting a legal liability incident
Guidance and advice
In respect of the handling of liability claims, please note all incidents that could give rise to a claim must be immediately reported and any writ or summons you receive must be forwarded to Bluefin Sport immediately.
- Failure to report a claim or a potential claim immediately could result in this policy not covering the incident.
- The insurer ‘XL Catlin’ will initially have 40 days from the date you are notified of the incident, to respond to all allegations made against your club or league.
- Please note failure to report a claim or a potential claim immediately could result in this policy not covering the incident.
- It is imperative that you do not admit liability or enter into any dialogue or written correspondence with the third party or their legal representatives.
How to report an incident
Please follow these simple steps to making a claim:
Your policy number should start with SL.
In the event that a claim is made against you by a third party or an employee please contact Bluefin Sport without delay:
By telephone: 0345 872 5060 (Mon to Friday 9 to 5)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the incident has been reported to us we will issue you with a unique claims reference number to be quoted on all future communications.
Any supporting documentation should be sent to us at:
32-32 Victoria Street
Claims that fall under this policy are usually notified to you either verbally or in writing by a third party or in writing from the legal representatives of a third party. In such circumstances, you should contact Bluefin Sport immediately.
So that we can deal with your claim as quickly as possible, please ensure that:
- you have your County FA affiliation number to hand.
- you have enclosed all information and documentation, including any correspondence received from the third party or their legal representatives.